Zoo Day Trip Planner
Thinking of a Zoo day trip close to Brisbane? Generations of families have enjoyed the 40 acre rainforest setting of Alma Park Zoo, the oldest Zoo in Queensland! We invite you to:
- Pack a BBQ lunch and enjoy our free BBQ facilities under the shade of a rainforest canopy.
- Wander through our rainforest paths to discover over 100 different species of rare and exotic animals.
- Delight in the antics of our baby animals born at the Zoo.
- Discover more about Capuchin Monkeys, Sun Bears, Baboons, Koalas, Crocodiles, Alligators and a large variety of snakes with our free Keeper Presentations run daily.
- Enjoy a VIP Encounters with our Lemurs, Marmosets and our Australian Native Animals. Our Encounters are popular! Pre booking your experience through our website is essential before your trip.
- Take home a Souvenir Photo of a you cuddling a koala, snake, crocodile, alligator, dingo or ring tailed possum! Souvenir photos can be booked at our Palm Cafe on the day of your visit.
Before your Zoo Day Trip
Before coming to the Zoo, make sure that you consider:
- Booking a VIP Encounter with our Lemurs, Marmosets or Australian Native Animals. Bookings must be made and confirmed prior to your Zoo visit.
- Book a special Alma Zoom Encounter to get fantastic photos of animals up close!
- Packing a BBQ Picnic Lunch to make use of our free onsite gas BBQ’s.
On the Day of your Trip
On the day of your trip to Alma Park Zoo, the following information will make your day even more enjoyable and pleasant:
- Check directions on how to get to Alma Park Zoo.
- Check our Daily Zoo Timetable so that you don’t miss out on our free special presentations during the day.
- Check our Zoo Etiquette Guidelines for a enjoyable visit.